Author Topic: Crop grid  (Read 1432 times)

Offline db7178

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Crop grid
« on: April 08, 2021, 05:53:41 PM »
The overlay that shows up when you rotate a crop is WAY too granular, like fine graph paper. If I'm checking a line from left to right across a 50-megapixel image, it is way too much trouble to follow a wafer-thin grid line 18 inches across a screen. You can't keep track of one line in such a fine pattern through all of the varying areas of an image. Allow for adjustable line spacing. I'd much rather grab a crop with just a rule-of-thirds grid and line up one of the lines in THAT, and THEN center the crop as desired, but you can't even do that, because the minute you click to rotate, of course, that fine-toothed grid comes back . . .

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Crop grid
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2021, 06:26:03 PM »
The overlay that shows up when you rotate a crop is WAY too granular, like fine graph paper. If I'm checking a line from left to right across a 50-megapixel image, it is way too much trouble to follow a wafer-thin grid line 18 inches across a screen. You can't keep track of one line in such a fine pattern through all of the varying areas of an image. Allow for adjustable line spacing. I'd much rather grab a crop with just a rule-of-thirds grid and line up one of the lines in THAT, and THEN center the crop as desired, but you can't even do that, because the minute you click to rotate, of course, that fine-toothed grid comes back . . .

I can make the fine grid optional and show the thirds overlay if enabled when rotating.  Easy enough.  You'll have to adjust your settings to turn it off.  The default will be to have the fine rotation grid on.

-Kirk

Offline db7178

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Crop grid
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2021, 06:54:01 PM »
Do I like the sound of that!