Author Topic: My Scan to Catalog is failing with CatalogMetedataUpdated TaskError  (Read 1703 times)

Offline swldstn

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
MacOs: 10.14.6
PM+ Version: Version 6.0, build 5820 (a6fdfbc)

Did scan to catalog and after 17 of 20 directories it now is making no progress and throwing an error with CatalogMetedataUpdated TaskError.

What do I do next?

Have attached the log file from PM+

Steve

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Steve,

MacOs: 10.14.6
PM+ Version: Version 6.0, build 5820 (a6fdfbc)

Did scan to catalog and after 17 of 20 directories it now is making no progress and throwing an error with CatalogMetedataUpdated TaskError.

What do I do next?

Have attached the log file from PM+

First quit Photo Mechanic Plus.

Launch the Terminal.app (in the Utilities folder inside the Applications folder) on your Mac.  Type the following and add a trailing 'space' character:

cd

Then from the Finder, find your Catalog folder and drag and drop it onto the Terminal window.  The path to the Catalog folder should autocomplete.
Switch back to the Terminal window and press 'return' on your keyboard.  Next type:

sqlite3 catalog.pmdb

The prompt should now display sqlite> to indicate you’re in the SQLite shell. To verify that you’re truly suffering from database corruption, type the following command into the shell:

sqlite> PRAGMA integrity_check;

Press 'return'.  Don't forget the semi-colon.  This may take a while if your database is large.  If the response is anything other than ok, the database needs to be repaired.

Please let me know what it reports.

-Kirk