Author Topic: JPEG Rotation  (Read 7709 times)

Offline mxs

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
JPEG Rotation
« on: May 14, 2006, 08:59:16 PM »
Hi there,

I have a question regarding rotation. First I just rotate all necessary thumbnails, then I apply Tools >> Rotate JPEGs. All is fine in Photo Mechanic, the icons in Finder are rotated, but not re-created (no picture). Is there any way to make Photo Mechanic to do that so I don't have to use different program to make the icon picture to appear?

Thanks

Marek

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: JPEG Rotation
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2006, 06:08:38 AM »
I have a question regarding rotation. First I just rotate all necessary thumbnails, then I apply Tools >> Rotate JPEGs. All is fine in Photo Mechanic, the icons in Finder are rotated, but not re-created (no picture). Is there any way to make Photo Mechanic to do that so I don't have to use different program to make the icon picture to appear?

I'm not sure what you're saying.  You say "the icons in Finder are rotated but not re-created (no picture.)"  If there is no picture then how can you tell that the icons are rotated?

PM is not currently generating new Finder icons when a photo is hard-rotated.  I could add that.

-Kirk

Offline mxs

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2006, 12:15:12 PM »
Sorry for not being clear. The icon is rotated (orientation-wise) but it lost its picture, so it will just give you the ordinary JPEG icon.

OK understood, PM currently doesn't generate a new Finder icon.

Thanks

Marek

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2006, 12:29:38 PM »
Sorry for not being clear. The icon is rotated (orientation-wise) but it lost its picture, so it will just give you the ordinary JPEG icon.

OK understood, PM currently doesn't generate a new Finder icon.

Do you have the "Create Finder icons during copy, ingest or save as" checkbox in the Files tab of the Preferences dialog checked?  If not, then Finder icons will not be created.  The "Apply Rotation to JPEGs..." command obeys this preference as well.

-Kirk