Author Topic: Reintegration failure  (Read 1614 times)

Offline DavidHoffmanuk

• View Profile
Reintegration failure
« on: June 07, 2021, 03:10:26 AM »
I have a moderately large catalog of 200k+ images on an NVMe drive in my Mac Pro 5,1 running Mojave. A 'reintegration needed' message came up and when I ran it it was still going after 8 hours so I left it overnight. The next day when I came back the Mac had crashed. I tried again and it reached 100% in about 20 minutes but it stuck there without finishing. Activity monitor showed a pm-task using about 100% CPU. After an hour I quit & tried again after optimising the SQL first. The SQL opt. ran OK but after that the reintegration again stuck at 100%. I left it about 8 hours this time, Activity Monitor again showing PM taking ~100%.

What can I do?
Edit an hour or two later
I tried again, the reintegration stuck at 100% as previously and I quit after an hour. This time, on opening the catalog, the 'maintenance needed' warning was cleared. This no longer seems urgent but I'd still like to understand the problem and know what to do if it recurs.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2021, 04:00:12 AM by DavidHoffmanuk »

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Reintegration failure
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2021, 09:07:24 AM »
David,

I have a moderately large catalog of 200k+ images on an NVMe drive in my Mac Pro 5,1 running Mojave. A 'reintegration needed' message came up and when I ran it it was still going after 8 hours so I left it overnight. The next day when I came back the Mac had crashed. I tried again and it reached 100% in about 20 minutes but it stuck there without finishing. Activity monitor showed a pm-task using about 100% CPU. After an hour I quit & tried again after optimising the SQL first. The SQL opt. ran OK but after that the reintegration again stuck at 100%. I left it about 8 hours this time, Activity Monitor again showing PM taking ~100%.

What can I do?
Edit an hour or two later
I tried again, the reintegration stuck at 100% as previously and I quit after an hour. This time, on opening the catalog, the 'maintenance needed' warning was cleared. This no longer seems urgent but I'd still like to understand the problem and know what to do if it recurs.

I'd like to see your Photo Mechanic log.  In Photo Mechanic go to the Help menu and choose "Reveal Support Data..." and moments later a Finder window will come forward with the zipped log file selected.  Use the 'Attachments and other options' link when you're composing your reply to this message and there you'll be able to upload your zipped PM log file.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline DavidHoffmanuk

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2021, 09:17:51 AM »
Thanks for looking into this Kirk
David

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2021, 01:10:16 PM »
David,

Most of the errors have to do with DNG files that have no apparent preview.  I think these may be from an iPhone.  It may be that the attempts to generate proxy previews for them was gumming up the works.

Can you provide me with one of them?  Here is the name of one of them: 180504_181618.dng

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline DavidHoffmanuk

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2021, 02:00:28 PM »
It is a phone pic, from my (Android) OnePlus 5 with an app called Open Camera, v1.48.3. I've attached the file. It's from almost 3 years ago but you'll see a more recent modification date. That'll almost certainly have been from writing metadata to the file.

David