Author Topic: Tagging Selected Images  (Read 1465 times)

Offline CPL

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Tagging Selected Images
« on: June 13, 2021, 12:25:25 PM »
Hello,

I'm new to PM+ and initially have been working with Contact Sheets. I like the ability to create a selection with your mouse and the shift key and then being able to change the colour class or star rating of all the selected images with one key stroke.

The question I have is how do you tag all the selected images on the Contact Sheet? Pressing "t" only works for a single selected image but not for two or more selected images. I've tried "control+t" and other key combinations but to no avail. Perhaps tagging a selection set isn't possible?

I'm running a MacBook Pro with macOS Mojave 10.14.5 and PM+ Version 6.0 Build 5820.

I can't seem to find this in the documentation and I'm totally stumped.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Garry

Offline PeterM

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Tagging Selected Images
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2021, 01:34:52 PM »
Command+'+' works for me. And then Command+'-' to untag. On my Mac keyboard the + is above the equals sign but its isn't necessary to use the shift key. I suppose that means to tag a selection one presses Commant+=

I hope this helps.

Offline CPL

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2021, 03:31:10 PM »
Hi Peter. Thank you for answering my question. The keystrokes you suggested work great and really speed things up.

After you replied I thought it was strange this wasn't listed on the keyboard shortcut pdf so I had another look and found it listed under "Image Menu". No wonder I missed it since I was looking under "Contact Sheet" which seemed like a logical place to look. At the time it didn't make any sense to me to check under "Image Menu" but now I realize that technically, I'm working with "images" on the Contact Sheet.

Thanks again for your help.

Cheers,

Garry

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2021, 04:50:57 PM »
Command+'+' works for me. And then Command+'-' to untag. On my Mac keyboard the + is above the equals sign but its isn't necessary to use the shift key. I suppose that means to tag a selection one presses Commant+=

You can also hold down the Option key (on Windows use the Shift key) and click on the tag checkbox to make all images have the new tag state.  This also works for Ratings and Color Labels.

See: https://docs.camerabits.com/support/solutions/articles/48001131428-the-modifier-key

-Kirk