Author Topic: "Generate preview & thumbnail proxy images..." setting not sticking upon restart  (Read 1871 times)

Offline Indy

• View Profile
PM+ v6.0, b5820
Windows 10

If I uncheck the checkbox for "Generate preview & thumbnail proxy images..." on the Catalog Management window, close PM+ and restart, the box is checked again and proxies are still being created.

Offline Bill Kelly

• Software Developer
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
That certainly sounds like a bug.

As a troubleshooting step, what happens if you first open the Catalog Status window and click the "Stop Preview Generation Tasks" button, and then try un-checking "Generate preview & thumbnail proxy images" in Catalog Management?

Offline Indy

• View Profile
That certainly sounds like a bug.

As a troubleshooting step, what happens if you first open the Catalog Status window and click the "Stop Preview Generation Tasks" button, and then try un-checking "Generate preview & thumbnail proxy images" in Catalog Management?
That did not work.

In the Catalog Status window it indicated all tasks were idle.  After pressing the "Stop Preview Generation Tasks" button the following message was displayed:

Purged queued proxy generation tasks.

I then went to the Catalog Management window and unchecked the box, closed the window and restarted PM+.   Checking the config - the box is checked again and proxies are still being created.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Indy,

I'm able to reproduce the problem and I have added this bug to our tracking system.

-Kirk