Author Topic: Create new gallery on Smugmug bug?  (Read 969 times)

Offline RonD200

• View Profile
    • Digital Images by Ron Skinner
Create new gallery on Smugmug bug?
« on: July 11, 2021, 11:41:12 AM »
When I create a new gallery in PM+ that includes the date using forward slashes, when PM creates the gallery the slashes are removed, for example if I enter this for the new gallery  MY New Gallery 7/10/2021, PM creates it as MY New Gallery 7102021 without the slashes, I thought it might be a Smugmug bug, but when I go to the gallery created in PM as MY New Gallery 7102021 on Smugmug and in Smugmug edit the gallery name as MY New Gallery 7/10/2021 adding back the slashes and saving it, it's a legal name in Smugmug and when I go back to the Smugmug Uploader the Gallery now shows the new edited name with the slashes in the date. Any idea of why the slashes are removed when the PM Smugmug Uploader creates the gallery?

To summarize. I create this in PM Smugmug uploader MY New Gallery 7/10/2021, it gets created as MY New Gallery 7102021 with the slashes removed and shows up in Smugmug as MY New Gallery 7102021, in Smugmug I edit the Gallery name as MY New Gallery 7/10/2021 adding back the slashes and it saves ok in Smugmug and when I go back to the PM Uploader is now  shows up with the slashes in the date. For some reason when the PM uploader creates galleries using the date it's removing the slashes.
My Gallery - Digital Images by Ron Skinner
My Blog - Ron's Blog

Offline Jerry H

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Create new gallery on Smugmug bug?
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2021, 10:08:57 AM »
Hello,

Thank you for reporting the problem. I'll update the Smugmug template to allow slashes in folder and gallery names and only filter them for the URI.

-Jerry