Author Topic: Change to Preview navigation behavior in 4.5  (Read 4154 times)

Offline david_hill

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Change to Preview navigation behavior in 4.5
« on: April 29, 2007, 02:49:59 AM »
When using scroll wheel and cursor keys to navigate in the Preview window in 4.5, I'm noticing some changes from 4.4.3.3. Personally, I don't like the changes, and I'm wondering if there is some way to revert to prior behavior which perhaps I'm missing... Specifically:

In 4.4.3.3 and earlier, if you use your scroll wheel, it would go up by an entire row at a time. Now in 4.5 is just goes up by one image at a time. Same thing for up/down cursor keys... I realize I can get the behavior I want by using page up/down instead, but I hate having to reach for those.

Additionally, if you click on a thumb in the thumbnail strip below the main preview, it will re-center on that thumb, which I find jumpy and visually disconcerting.

If there is not some way to revert hidden in prefs, I would certainly consider this a feature request.

Thanks

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Change to Preview navigation behavior in 4.5
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2007, 06:57:48 AM »
When using scroll wheel and cursor keys to navigate in the Preview window in 4.5, I'm noticing some changes from 4.4.3.3. Personally, I don't like the changes, and I'm wondering if there is some way to revert to prior behavior which perhaps I'm missing... Specifically:

In 4.4.3.3 and earlier, if you use your scroll wheel, it would go up by an entire row at a time. Now in 4.5 is just goes up by one image at a time. Same thing for up/down cursor keys... I realize I can get the behavior I want by using page up/down instead, but I hate having to reach for those.

Additionally, if you click on a thumb in the thumbnail strip below the main preview, it will re-center on that thumb, which I find jumpy and visually disconcerting.

If there is not some way to revert hidden in prefs, I would certainly consider this a feature request.

There is no preference to change the behavior.

-Kirk

Offline david_hill

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Change to Preview navigation behavior in 4.5
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2007, 02:08:59 PM »
Thanks for confirming that. I'm new to this board and don't know if cross-posting is encouraged or not, so by default, based on your answer, I have cross-posted this into Feature Request thread :D