Author Topic: Sizing with FTP uploading  (Read 1202 times)

Offline Eric

• View Profile
Sizing with FTP uploading
« on: September 07, 2021, 05:49:04 AM »
Hi Guys,

My peeps are having issues with the file size limit when FTP'ing images to our servers. As best as I have been able to track the problem it happens with our photographers using Apple computers. 

In our suggested workflow I ask the photographers to select 3MB as their file size limit. In the past, the quality slider also had to be slid to "low".  For me on a PC the slider is no longer functional BUT file size still works. For the Apple people I am getting mixed answers. Some say they can set the slider to Low AND a file limit. For those people their files are sizing correctly.  Others say that they can't move the slider and their files are NOT sizing.

Is there a setting for Macs that we're missing or an OS / PM6 issue?

Thanks

Eric

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Sizing with FTP uploading
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2021, 09:01:29 AM »
Eric,

My peeps are having issues with the file size limit when FTP'ing images to our servers. As best as I have been able to track the problem it happens with our photographers using Apple computers. 

In our suggested workflow I ask the photographers to select 3MB as their file size limit. In the past, the quality slider also had to be slid to "low".  For me on a PC the slider is no longer functional BUT file size still works. For the Apple people I am getting mixed answers. Some say they can set the slider to Low AND a file limit. For those people their files are sizing correctly.  Others say that they can't move the slider and their files are NOT sizing.

Is there a setting for Macs that we're missing or an OS / PM6 issue?

Sounds like some of your users are using an old build of PM6.  Make sure they're all using the latest build (6026) and if the problem persists, please follow up.

http://forums.camerabits.com/index.php?topic=14396.0

-Kirk