Author Topic: Catalog search  (Read 2184 times)

Offline elianoimperato

• Photojournalist
    • View Profile
    • eliano imperato
Catalog search
« on: October 06, 2021, 06:50:55 AM »
Hello,

by doing some searches I get the same pictures twice (look the attachment).

Cheers,
Eliano
e l i a n o

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Catalog search
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2021, 09:05:04 AM »
Eliano,

You likely added them to both of your catalogs (the ones I can see).  Both are set to "Add" which means when you add an image, it will be added to all catalogs that are selected for "Add".

-Kirk

Offline elianoimperato

• Photojournalist
    • View Profile
    • eliano imperato
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2021, 10:04:20 AM »
Eliano,

You likely added them to both of your catalogs (the ones I can see).  Both are set to "Add" which means when you add an image, it will be added to all catalogs that are selected for "Add".

-Kirk

Right, my mistake! Now will be hard to delete them to one catalog... Thank you Kirk!

Cheers,
Eliano
e l i a n o

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2021, 10:53:12 AM »
Eliano,

Right, my mistake! Now will be hard to delete them to one catalog...

It shouldn't be difficult unless determining which ones are duplicates.  If all images are duplicates then the following should work:

Uncheck both checkboxes (Search and Add) from the catalog that you want to continue to have those images.  Perform the search again.  Select the images.  Remove them from the catalog.  Then uncheck the Add checkbox from the remaining catalog.  Now set the Add and Search checkboxes on the first catalog.

If you don't want duplicates, you should only ever have one catalog set for "Add".

-Kirk

Offline elianoimperato

• Photojournalist
    • View Profile
    • eliano imperato
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2021, 11:14:37 AM »
It shouldn't be difficult unless determining which ones are duplicates.  If all images are duplicates then the following should work:

Uncheck both checkboxes (Search and Add) from the catalog that you want to continue to have those images.  Perform the search again.  Select the images.  Remove them from the catalog.  Then uncheck the Add checkbox from the remaining catalog.  Now set the Add and Search checkboxes on the first catalog.

If you don't want duplicates, you should only ever have one catalog set for "Add".

-Kirk

Thank you very much!

Cheers,
Eliano
« Last Edit: October 06, 2021, 02:00:44 PM by elianoimperato »
e l i a n o