Author Topic: Files deleted in Windows Explorer - how to reflect this in catalouge?  (Read 1136 times)

Offline Dewcal

• View Profile
As per the subject, I deleted a number of files via Windows Explorer and would now like to have these deletions reflected in the catalogue.  Is there any way to do this other than a rebuild of the catalogue?
Thanks.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Files deleted in Windows Explorer - how to reflect this in catalouge?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2021, 01:17:43 PM »
As per the subject, I deleted a number of files via Windows Explorer and would now like to have these deletions reflected in the catalogue.  Is there any way to do this other than a rebuild of the catalogue?

Use Catalog Sync:

https://docs.camerabits.com/support/solutions/articles/48001161171-catalog-sync

Be sure to use Full mode and set the checkbox "Files missing from last known location on disk" in the "Automatic Collections to Create"

When the sync has completed check in the Collections tab of the Organizer for your catalog and expand it.  Look for the "-sync-" item.  If you double-click on the "Missing" item, you'll get a contact sheet containing all of the images that no longer exist where they were last known to be.  Review them.  Select any that are truly missing and remove them from the catalog.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline Dewcal

• View Profile
Re: Files deleted in Windows Explorer - how to reflect this in catalouge?
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2021, 09:44:14 PM »
Thanks Kirk,

Will give this a go and see how I get on.