Author Topic: Loupe mode in preview window  (Read 1457 times)

Offline pdizzle

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Loupe mode in preview window
« on: October 28, 2021, 10:33:02 AM »
Being able to activate a loupe in the preview window would be very helpful.  Perhaps a thumbnail could be in the sidebar where the histogram/info resides could be used to move the loupe around the image and then the magnified section would appear in the preview area.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Loupe mode in preview window
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2021, 12:18:46 PM »
Being able to activate a loupe in the preview window would be very helpful.  Perhaps a thumbnail could be in the sidebar where the histogram/info resides could be used to move the loupe around the image and then the magnified section would appear in the preview area.

The existing Zoom feature allows you to Command-click/Ctrl-click (macOS/Windows) to a desired location (toggles).  Perhaps that is good enough?

-Kirk

Offline pdizzle

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Loupe mode in preview window
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2021, 06:34:34 PM »

The existing Zoom feature allows you to Command-click/Ctrl-click (macOS/Windows) to a desired location (toggles).  Perhaps that is good enough?

-Kirk

Hi Kirk,
I just gave it a try and its ok, but I think it would be better and quicker to go around the image if there was a loupe type feature that you could move over a thumbnail.  The thumbnail could be the one in the filmstrip on the side, but I think it would be better to have a dedicated thumbnail next to the histogram to avoid confusion.