Author Topic: Manual sort - Offline Images  (Read 1794 times)

Offline DKPhoto

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Manual sort - Offline Images
« on: November 02, 2021, 05:32:21 AM »
I have made a collection of images in PM+ and have selected the sort as Arrangement, but I can't sort them manually. I've tried clicking in various different parts of the thumbnail to see if that makes a difference but no joy - nothing moves.

The images are offline but I can't see how that should make a difference.

The catalog is checked for Add/Modify.

Am I alone?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Manual sort - Offline Images
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2021, 10:01:54 AM »
I have made a collection of images in PM+ and have selected the sort as Arrangement, but I can't sort them manually. I've tried clicking in various different parts of the thumbnail to see if that makes a difference but no joy - nothing moves.

The images are offline but I can't see how that should make a difference.

I am able to reproduce the problem.  The base drag and drop code doesn't allow an offline image to be dragged.  I will have to find a way to correct this problem when the contact sheet is a Collection.

Thank you for reporting the issue to us.

-Kirk

Offline DKPhoto

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2021, 02:17:36 AM »
Thanks Kirk. There is another thing with offline images whereby the Reveal In Context option is greyed out, which again I'm not sure why that should be.

It shows the path to the file underneath and I can manually navigate there but obviously that's not very efficient.

Thanks
Doug

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2021, 07:04:24 AM »
Doug,

Thanks Kirk. There is another thing with offline images whereby the Reveal In Context option is greyed out, which again I'm not sure why that should be.

It shows the path to the file underneath and I can manually navigate there but obviously that's not very efficient.

If the option isn't available then the path to the file does not currently exist.  The contact sheet would open up and would be missing that image (or potentially all images if it is the folder that is missing and not the image.)  That's why the option is not available.

-Kirk

Offline DKPhoto

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2021, 07:31:11 AM »
Okay I've obviously misunderstood it's purpose - I assumed it was the same as Lightroom's Go To Folder In Library feature.

So to be clear then there is no way of showing which folder an offline is in within the PM+catalogue?

Thanks
Doug

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2021, 09:04:08 AM »
Doug,

Okay I've obviously misunderstood it's purpose - I assumed it was the same as Lightroom's Go To Folder In Library feature.

So to be clear then there is no way of showing which folder an offline is in within the PM+catalogue?

No, there is no feature that shows where that folder is in the Browse tree.  You can either show the image in context (open as contact sheet, selecting that image, making it visible amongst its neighbors), or show it in the actual file system.

-Kirk