Author Topic: feature request : Disable Mac Mouse scrolling in the Preview window  (Read 2433 times)

Offline WLPhoto

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Hello

I am a new user.   I tried searching for this, so apologies if it has already been covered.

I am struggling mightily with the Mac Mouse in the Preview window.

Some tools require the mouse.   For example if I want to crop or use the hand to move around inside a zoomed photo.   But when I go to use these tools, the magic mouse swipe inputs are making me nuts.

Mac mouse has both sideways and vertical swiping inputs on the top surface.   And BOTH of those make Photomechanic jump to another image.  It is very sensitive in both directions.  So while I am trying to crop a photo, it registers a swipe/scroll and jumps capriciously two or three images away.

I would like it if you would please disable the finger brush swipe/scrolling to the next image, at least while the crop tool is turned on.   

Using Mac OS 11. Photomechanic 6

Thank you.

Offline Rguzmanphoto

• View Profile
Re: feature request : Disable Mac Mouse scrolling in the Preview window
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2021, 01:41:18 PM »
In the preferences > preview I moved mouse sensitivity all the way to the left which made the mouse way less sensitivity.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2021, 01:50:31 PM »
I am a new user.   I tried searching for this, so apologies if it has already been covered.

I am struggling mightily with the Mac Mouse in the Preview window.

Some tools require the mouse.   For example if I want to crop or use the hand to move around inside a zoomed photo.   But when I go to use these tools, the magic mouse swipe inputs are making me nuts.

Mac mouse has both sideways and vertical swiping inputs on the top surface.   And BOTH of those make Photomechanic jump to another image.  It is very sensitive in both directions.  So while I am trying to crop a photo, it registers a swipe/scroll and jumps capriciously two or three images away.

I have one on order and it should arrive soon.  I will do what I can to correct the problem.

-Kirk

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2021, 11:43:48 AM »
I received the Magic Mouse yesterday and charged it overnight.  I paired it with my Mac running macOS Mojave.  It is indeed sensitive when scrolling with the single finger swipe gestures (simulates a mouse wheel).  I adjusted the mouse wheel sensitivity in the Preview pane of the Preferences dialog and I find that any setting at the first three notches (from the left) or below makes it quite difficult to accidentally cause the previews to change.  If you want to both be able to scroll when you are deliberate about it and not scroll when you make small gestures, adjust around the fourth notch from the left until you get the feedback that you like.

There is also a slider in the Contact Sheet page of the Preferences dialog that can be used to adjust the vertical scrolling speed in the Contact Sheet.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline WLPhoto

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2022, 11:17:57 AM »
Thank you, everyone, for your thoughtful replies.  I turned the sensitivity way down in both menus and that definitely helped!

Offline Jeff Vogan

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2022, 08:20:12 AM »
When I am up late at night culling images from a long day of shooting, I have been known to yell and scream at my computer when I touch my Apple Magic mouse and PM starts jumping several images.  I probably have too much caffeine in my system, but I drove me nuts.  Changing the mouse sensitivity as suggested here works like a charm!  Thank you!!!