Author Topic: Reveal in Context  (Read 884 times)

Offline bildbaendiger

• View Profile
    • bildbaendiger
Reveal in Context
« on: April 05, 2022, 09:38:50 AM »
Hello,

why is the function "Reveal in Context" not available when the images are offline?
All the necessary information are also available offline.
(The path is displayed in the window below. So I have to call offline always by hand in the browser the path of the image.)
BTW, in the Mac version, the functions that are not available are grayed out accordingly. Under Windows, this distinction is hardly visible and often leads to misunderstandings (see Screenshot).

Thanks
Thomas

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Reveal in Context
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2022, 10:33:11 AM »
Thomas,

why is the function "Reveal in Context" not available when the images are offline?
All the necessary information are also available offline.
(The path is displayed in the window below. So I have to call offline always by hand in the browser the path of the image.)

If the image is offline, that means that the disk that the image is stored on is not available.  Showing the image in context means to show the folder on disk containing the image, highlighting the image, and making it visible.  This is not possible when the disk is not available.

BTW, in the Mac version, the functions that are not available are grayed out accordingly. Under Windows, this distinction is hardly visible and often leads to misunderstandings (see Screenshot).

How would you like it to look?

-Kirk

Offline bildbaendiger

• View Profile
    • bildbaendiger
Re: Reveal in Context
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2022, 11:28:10 AM »
Hello Kirk,

thank you for the answer. I understand.

The Mac version always has dark menu windows. So the distinction of not active menu items is optimal. This would be the best solution.

Greetings
Thomas