Author Topic: Photomechanic Plus - Thumbnail renders awfully Slow  (Read 3185 times)

Offline MTP

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Photomechanic Plus - Thumbnail renders awfully Slow
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2022, 01:31:22 AM »
SOLVED

So this morning i updated to the newer version of PM+, same problem with thumbnails. I then played around with the following Tabs Under Preferences

1: Reduced the Render Cache Size to 1024 MB under Preferences.
2: I unchecked all the tick marks under the Preview Tab, except for  Enlarge Photosto fit previews and slide slow.
3: Under Contact Sheet - Thumbnails i enlarged the default size for thumbnails, and selected Generate high quality thumbnails
4:Under Launching I changed to  Edit The RAW Photo
5:IPTC /XMP When Viewing Photos in RAW +JPG I chnaged to RAW File
6: For JPGs with Multiple IPTC  and/or XMP records a chnaged to  Read/update the first one - here it asked me to restart PM+

Not sure which one did the trick, but the thumbnails are back to being blistering fast :)
« Last Edit: April 12, 2022, 01:53:08 AM by MTP »

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Photomechanic Plus - Thumbnail renders awfully Slow
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2022, 09:17:23 AM »
SOLVED

3: Under Contact Sheet - Thumbnails i enlarged the default size for thumbnails, and selected Generate high quality thumbnails

Not sure which one did the trick, but the thumbnails are back to being blistering fast :)

The size didn't matter.  It's the high quality thumbnails.  I had noticed that your thumbnails in your screenshots were of low resolution, but they were drawing (not blank) so I didn't understand what you meant by slow rendering.  With high quality thumbnails off, they never become high quality, no matter how long you wait.  Some people want ultimate speed and are willing to accept the lower quality and turn off high quality thumbnails.

-Kirk