Author Topic: Double click to add keywords to metadata  (Read 1076 times)

Offline marcopolo

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Double click to add keywords to metadata
« on: April 14, 2022, 04:21:52 PM »
It there a chance of getting the option to double click the key word in the pop up menu when using the ctrl K?  Seems petty but it's handy.  Thanks.  --marcopolo

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Double click to add keywords to metadata
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2022, 04:27:01 PM »
It there a chance of getting the option to double click the key word in the pop up menu when using the ctrl K?  Seems petty but it's handy.  Thanks.  --marcopolo

What is 'the ctrl K'?  What feature or window are you talking about?

Please post an annotated screenshot of the UI elements that you're describing.  Use the 'Attachments and other options' link when you're composing your reply to this message and there you'll be able to upload your JPEG format screenshot.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline marcopolo

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Double click to add keywords to metadata
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2022, 09:03:21 PM »
Poor wording on my part -- sorry about that. 

Pressing the ctrl+k in PM opens a window listing the key words available to add to a photo.  Maybe there is a shortcut that I have not found but currently I click once on the key word then move the cursor down the screen and click on Apply to Selected Photos.  If instead the user could just double click on the key word to add it to the metadata of the selected photos that might shorten the time to imbed the key word.

I suspect that feature is available and I just don't know where to find it.

Double clicking to select and then act on the selection is common in most of the software I use in Windows 10.  It's certainly not an exclusive feature to Windows-- just one that is used almost generically in lots of software programs.

Thanks for listening ... marcopolo