Author Topic: IPTC data will not save  (Read 693 times)

Offline Jon Paul Davidson

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
IPTC data will not save
« on: April 18, 2022, 12:13:49 PM »
I downloaded 2 images to a folder on my desktop, then dragged that folder to PM+ and they opened in a Contact sheet.  I then opened an IPTC Metadata template and applied it to the 2 selected thumbnails in the contact sheet.  I noticed they did not show any data (I have keywords, file size etc selected in IPTC preferences and previous IPTC data appears in other files I have in that same folder).  I clicked on the "I" and the IPTC form is blank.  I tried to enter IPTC data in other thumbnails which are in that same folder and nothing takes.  (Yes, I have checked permissions in that folder and all are set to "read & write"  What is wrong?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: IPTC data will not save
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2022, 12:33:05 PM »
I downloaded 2 images to a folder on my desktop, then dragged that folder to PM+ and they opened in a Contact sheet.  I then opened an IPTC Metadata template and applied it to the 2 selected thumbnails in the contact sheet.  I noticed they did not show any data (I have keywords, file size etc selected in IPTC preferences and previous IPTC data appears in other files I have in that same folder).  I clicked on the "I" and the IPTC form is blank.  I tried to enter IPTC data in other thumbnails which are in that same folder and nothing takes.  (Yes, I have checked permissions in that folder and all are set to "read & write"  What is wrong?

What kind of images are they?  JPEG, RAW, something else?
What build of Photo Mechanic Plus are you using?

-Kirk