Author Topic: Can't remove folder from catalog  (Read 1068 times)

Offline thomaskyhn

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Can't remove folder from catalog
« on: June 15, 2022, 08:08:57 AM »
I'm new to this application, so it's possible that I've missed something obvious.

In any case, I've created a catalog and added two folders to scan, one of which shouldn't have been added. Now I'm unable to remove this wrongly added folder from the catalog. I've removed the folder from the Folders to Scan list in the Scan to Catalog pane, and I've removed it several times by Ctrl-clicking on the Folder Path in the Browse tab and choosing Remove Folder in the contextual menu. But no matter what I do, Photo Mechanic continues scanning this particular folder, rather than the correct folder. I've also tried the Catalog Sync option as well as shutting down and re-opening the application, to no avail.

Could anyone possibly tell me what I need to do to remove this folder and get Photo Mechanic to scan the correct folder?

Is there anywhere you can add and remove folders from catalogs?

Offline Odd Skjaeveland

• View Profile
--
Odd S.

Offline thomaskyhn

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Can't remove folder from catalog
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2022, 09:34:18 AM »
Could anyone possibly tell me what I need to do to remove this folder
https://docs.camerabits.com/support/solutions/articles/48001166164-how-to-remove-a-folder-from-a-catalog

Thanks for your reply. That's what I've done multiple times, and I just tried again. Immediately after the folder has been removed, Photo Mechanic starts scanning the same folder again.

And this folder is not listed in Scan to Catalog > Folders to Scan.

Offline ahoward

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2022, 09:36:46 AM »
Could you let us know a bit more what you mean by when it "continues scanning this particular folder"? Scanning is a process that the user must initiate from the Scan to Catalog window, so my understanding here is that you are remove the item -> going to the "Scan to Catalog" window -> starting a scan, and at that point, despite the folder in question not being in the list of "Folders to scan", it comes back at the time of the scan?

Offline thomaskyhn

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2022, 09:45:40 AM »
Could you let us know a bit more what you mean by when it "continues scanning this particular folder"? Scanning is a process that the user must initiate from the Scan to Catalog window, so my understanding here is that you are remove the item -> going to the "Scan to Catalog" window -> starting a scan, and at that point, despite the folder in question not being in the list of "Folders to scan", it comes back at the time of the scan?

When I remove the folder (as described on the page linked to above), the Folder Path section disappears from the Browse tab and the folder appears to have been removed. But each time, Photo Mechanic starts scanning the same folder again after 10 to 20 seconds, and the Folder Path section reappears – without me doing anything other than remove the folder.

Offline thomaskyhn

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2022, 09:51:25 AM »
Here's a screen recording: https://i.imgur.com/lYViw7D.mp4

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2022, 09:54:57 AM »
Thomas,

Thanks for the video.  What's going on in the Tasks pane?  Do you have an active Catalog Sync going or a Scan to Catalog operation?

-Kirk

Offline thomaskyhn

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2022, 10:00:48 AM »
Thomas,

Thanks for the video.  What's going on in the Tasks pane?  Do you have an active Catalog Sync going or a Scan to Catalog operation?

-Kirk

Thanks, Kirk. That was a useful hint. After pressing Stop Catalog Import Tasks and Stop Preview Generation Tasks in the Catalog Status pane, I was able to remove the folder successfully.

Thomas