Author Topic: What's Your Capture One/PM6 Plus Workflow in 2022?  (Read 833 times)

Offline Rob Hedge

• View Profile
What's Your Capture One/PM6 Plus Workflow in 2022?
« on: July 05, 2022, 04:42:59 AM »
I use Photo Mechanic 6 to import photos, to choose the ones that I want to keep, and to re-name and apply metadata to the latter. I use Capture One to process keepers and to export them when I need a copy.

In 2020, when Camerabits released Photo Mechanic 6 Plus, there was some discussion in the PM Plus Support forum about using Capture One and a Photo Mechanic catalogue together. See Consequences of having overlapping Capture One & PM+ catalogues?.

Twenty months later, I'd like to ask people who are using Capture One and a PM Plus catalogue what they've settled on as a workflow, as well as what problems they ran into and how those problems were addressed. I'm also interested in hearing from people who tried doing this and decided that it wasn't working out. What were your reasons for abandoning the idea?

Thanks
« Last Edit: July 05, 2022, 05:09:58 AM by Rob Hedge »
Processing: Mac Studio, Photo Mechanic Plus, Capture One

Image Formats: Leica DNG, Apple HEIC, TIFF, JPEG, MOV

Offline Peter E

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: What's Your Capture One/PM6 Plus Workflow in 2022?
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2022, 01:32:56 AM »
That should be interesting, especially since I have just purchased a copy of Capture One 22 and eventually will upgrade from PM5 to PM6 or PM6+. I haven't been able to use PM5 since I upgraded to Catalina (macOS 10.5.x) some years ago.