Author Topic: Exif editing in batch  (Read 864 times)

Offline fourdogslong

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Exif editing in batch
« on: July 18, 2022, 08:46:30 AM »
I have my Sony A7III set to write my name as the image author and copyright. I can see that reflected in Photo Mechanic but I now realize that this is a problem when I search for pictures of myself since every pictures has my name in its metadat under Author and Copyright.

So I'm looking for a way to batch edit 2 years worth of picture so I can remove the Creator/Photographer and Copyright fields from the metadata.
I think Exiftool could do this but this is way beyond my comfort zone with its command lines and all.

I'm on windows 11, any suggestions?

Offline ahoward

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
Re: Exif editing in batch
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2022, 10:05:44 AM »
Which search tool are you using? From your post, I cannot tell if you are using the Find tool, which searches the contents of a Contact Sheet, or the Photo Mechanic Plus Search tool which will search your catalog. Both have ways to limit your search to the data in the Persons Shown field, which I think would be a better solution than editing good data out of your files.

Offline fourdogslong

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2022, 10:14:52 AM »
I'm sorry I should've specified I use PM Plus and I was referring to the search function, not the find function.

I'm all ears for your suggestions! :)

Offline ahoward

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2022, 10:42:06 AM »
In the search field, type:

pershown "Fourdogs Long"

This should find any image with the name "Fourdogs Long" in the persons shown field. Take a look at this document for more info on searching with Photo Mechanic: https://docs.camerabits.com/support/solutions/articles/48001077445-photo-mechanic-plus-search

Offline fourdogslong

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2022, 10:51:37 AM »
Thanks a lot! I'll make sure to read the documentation you linked.