Author Topic: Issue in my Navigator field  (Read 782 times)

Offline Steven829

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Issue in my Navigator field
« on: August 21, 2022, 10:32:09 PM »
Hi, hoping someone can please help me. I've been using Photo Mechanic 5 for years, just got a new laptop which doesn't support 5 so trying out Photo Mechanic Plus. I have a problem though which I can't seem to figure out. In the navigator section to the left of Photo Mechanic, when I attach any of my External Hard Drives (which is where I store all my photo files & folders) no arrow appears to the left in order for me to click it and view all the folders on that hard drive. I'm attaching a screen shot so you can see what I mean. The external hard drive connected says Main Backup HD and as you can see, no arrow appears before it that I can click to make them all appear. I have it under navigator and also in my favorites and can't get an arrow on either. Everything I have on my desktop with files in it gets the arrow to the left to open, just not on any externals that I hook up to it. I have never had this issue on Photo Mechanic 5. Can anyone please help me in figuring out how to rectify this? Thank you!

Steven

Offline MNeipris

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Issue in my Navigator field
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2022, 08:59:47 AM »
This is most likely a permissions issue. Here are some steps to take that should solve this problem.

1. Quit out of Photo Mechanic.
2. Open up the macOS System Preferences and go to "Security and Privacy".
3. Under the Privacy tab, select 'Full Disk access' on the left hand side.
4. Click the padlock in the bottom left to unlock it.
5. Enter your administrator password to be able to make changes.
6. Find Photo Mechanic in the list on the right and check the box next to it (if Photo Mechanic is not in the list, select the + sign under the window and add it from the Applications folder).
7. Close the System Preferences window.

Now, restart Photo Mechanic and see if you can access your folders or subfolders.

Offline Steven829

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Issue in my Navigator field
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2022, 11:29:04 AM »
Thank you MNeipris, it worked! I was all set to call support today but your explanation did the trick. It does take a bit longer than id did on Photo Mechanic 5 for the arrow next to the HD icon to show, maybe 45 seconds, but so long as it does come up, it's all good. Thank you for the help.

Steven