Author Topic: Reverse Geocode connection error  (Read 851 times)

Offline Jamie

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Reverse Geocode connection error
« on: October 03, 2022, 03:05:45 PM »
I am getting the following error when I try to Reverse Geocode:

"While preloading a batch of GPS coordinates for reverse geocoding lookup an error occurred:
revgeo_batch: error: Connection attempt to RevGeo Server at geosrv.camerabits.com: 18259"

Looks like a server error, but just for completeness sake: I am using the same method as I have in the past. I either use "Importing GPS Coordinates" from a GPX file or I use the Set GPS Coordinates via manual lookup. They both show correct coordinates on the images.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Cheers,
Jamie

Offline ahoward

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
Re: Reverse Geocode connection error
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2022, 04:08:32 PM »
Have you tried again since posting? It is possible that it was a temporary DNS issue. We tested on several of our own computers  and got good results and no errors. We are also importing some data to the server which could be impacting performance while that is happening.

Offline Jamie

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2022, 12:26:23 PM »
I just tried again with the same error.

Forgot my system info last time: Mac M1 running OS 12.6 (Monterey) with the most recent build of PM V6.0, build 6552 (1b31032).

Offline Jamie

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2022, 12:41:05 PM »
Okay, incident resolved.

I just connected my computer to my phone so as to use its LTE connection, and that worked. I am currently on vacation in a rental house. So, I don't know, nor control the WIFI configuration. (And, I don't want to monkey with it.) They must have it configured to block some connections. Internet generally works fine.

Thanks to ahoward for writing and to all for thinking about this.

Cheers,
Jamie