Author Topic: More Robust File Renaming  (Read 755 times)

Offline lenswork

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
More Robust File Renaming
« on: October 06, 2022, 10:43:30 AM »
I would love to see a more robust file renaming feature that allowed for more variables and multiple sequences, including alpha sequences. This would really increase my renaming and keywording tasks.

For example, when I shoot an HDR or Focus Stacked Panoramic, I name the file as such:

2022-1001_CO_Telluride_001_HDR-Pano_A_01

What I would like is to be able to do something like this:

2022-1001_CO_Telluride_001_HDR-Pano_{seg 1}_{seg 2}

Where I can select say 15 files and tell it to do an ALPHA sequence on in {seq 1} that increasementally increases after a variable number of files (in this case 3) and then also resets {seq 2} back to 01 each time it changes from 'A' to 'B' to 'C' and so forth. In this example I would end up with five alpha sequences — A-E — each with 01, 02, 03 for a sequence 2.

In a perfect world, this would allow the user to add a number of sequences, each with its own variables and timing. For example:

2022-1001_CO_Telluride_{seg 1}_HDR-Pano_{seg 2}_{seg 3}

or

2022-1001_CO_Telluride){seq 1}_HDR_{seq 2} [This would be great for a series of HDR sequences that are all the same number of frames each]

Again, this would really streamline and shorten the time it takes for me to rename and keyword files. I think that this would add a lot of robust capability to file renaming that can really be customized by the user to meet their needs and naming formats.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2022, 12:41:40 PM by lenswork »