Author Topic: PM+ Catalogs on External Drives  (Read 705 times)

Offline ucs308

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
PM+ Catalogs on External Drives
« on: October 14, 2022, 11:18:14 PM »
I have created a set of catalogs that I am storing on and external drive. All images are on an external raid array connected to my desktop and the catalogs point to the images on that external raid array.

I have a couple of questions.

1. why do I have to reintegrate the catalog every time I move the drive with the catalogs on between my laptop and my desktop.
2. Should I be able to add and modify the meta data for a photograph if the files are offline? I thought the metadata was stored in the catalog.

Thanks.

Offline ahoward

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
Re: PM+ Catalogs on External Drives
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2022, 10:48:29 AM »
Sharing catalogs between multiple computers is not supported and is not an intended use case. The reintegration is there for when the catalog is moved to a different computer or re-located, so reintegration when moving a catalog between computers is expected. Yes, even if your files are still on the same drive, it may appear that the files have the same path on both computers, but this is not necessarily the case at a lower-level.

When files are offline, they are read-only. The Catalog does not support updating metadata to offline files.