Author Topic: How to display MakerNote values  (Read 1128 times)

Offline jeffw

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
How to display MakerNote values
« on: October 31, 2022, 10:09:55 AM »
From the ExifTool I know there are several MakeNotes that would like to have displayed (e.g. Vibration Reduction, VR mode, Noise reduction), is there a way I can have those displayed on the contact sheet ? or other places in PM6 ?
-- Jeff

Offline Bob Russell

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: How to display MakerNote values
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2022, 12:07:22 PM »
Photo Mechanic's  Camera Variables are used to display popular Exif info. Click the Variable button to open the list from any dialog that can use them. Unfortunately there aren't any variables for many of the Maker Note values, including the Vibration Reduction, VR Mode or Noise reduction values.
If you copy the Exiftool text for these values to one of the Photo Mechanic's IPTC dialog fields, you could then view this field info in the Preview window's Info panel.  Just go to the Set Info Text dialog from the Edit menu's Settings option, to add the field variable you used to save the Maker Note text.  Eg, the new Set Info Text dialog line could look like :
Maker Note : {head}       if you used the Headline field for the Exiftool text.    Click the Set button to save the changes in the Set Info Text dialog.

--Bob

Offline Mick O (Camera Bits)

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits
Re: How to display MakerNote values
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2022, 04:56:23 PM »
Hi Jeff,

If you're using a Mac, you can make an ExifTool droplet using Automator) and call that from within Photo Mechanic to quickly copy Maker Note info to an IPTC field of your choosing.  I just wrote a blog about this. The example I used was adding Fuji's film simulation info into keywords, but the same concept could be applied to copying your desired Maker Note items to other fields.  Once you create the macOS Automator app, you can run it on selected photos right in Photo Mechanic.

https://home.camerabits.com/2022/10/31/run-exiftool-commands-on-photos-in-photo-mechanic-using-macos-automator/

I hope this is helpful

Mick

Mick O
Camera Bits