Author Topic: More problems with 4.5...this time on a G5 tower  (Read 3431 times)

Offline Bob Krist

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
More problems with 4.5...this time on a G5 tower
« on: May 14, 2007, 12:10:49 PM »
Hi Kirk: I got back from my overseas jobs, where I was having issues with 4.5 on my iBook and went to work on my Dual 2.5 GHz G5 with 4 GBs of Ram.  Tried to download two CF cards and while the PM 4.5 didn't crash or quit, the Ingest box disappeared, and so did the icon for the CF card. Tried it again, same results. Upgraded to 4.5.1, tried to Ingest the cards, same thing. The window disappears, nothing downloads but the card disappears from the desktop.

I'm leaving for another overseas gig on Thursday, and I've reinstalled 4.4.3.3 on both my iBooks and both my desktops until these issues with 4.5 get worked out. 4.4.3.3 downloaded the cards with no problem, just like in the good old days!

Besides two of the Mac users in my workshop last week in Tuscany, am I the only Mac user having problems with 4.5, 4.5.1, and 4.5.2? I sure would like to have some of the features on 4.5, but the stability issues are hard to deal with, especially when you're in a hurry trying to turn around takes from back to back to back assignments!

thanks, Bob Krist