Author Topic: I've messed my catalog up - any suggestions of how to repair it?  (Read 523 times)

Offline Skids

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
I've messed my catalog up - any suggestions of how to repair it?
« on: December 26, 2022, 08:28:18 AM »
Hi,

Recently I plugged the wrong hard drive into my laptop.  This drive contains a library of images that have been converted to DNG however my main working library is on a different disc drive.  I noticed something was wrong when almost al images were listed by Photo Mechanic as missing.

When I plug-in the correct drive some nine hundred images are listed as Read-Only.  These images are either DNG or JPG and exist on both drives.  With the Read-Only images PM is using the wrong drive.  How should I go about correcting this error?  I have tried the Reintegrate Forgotten Catelog but this operation does not correct the fault.

In Lightroom there was an option to find missing that would run as a batch operation changing a common path setting.  Is there a similar setting in PM ?

Simon

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: I've messed my catalog up - any suggestions of how to repair it?
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2022, 05:20:47 PM »
Recently I plugged the wrong hard drive into my laptop.  This drive contains a library of images that have been converted to DNG however my main working library is on a different disc drive.  I noticed something was wrong when almost al images were listed by Photo Mechanic as missing.

When I plug-in the correct drive some nine hundred images are listed as Read-Only.  These images are either DNG or JPG and exist on both drives.  With the Read-Only images PM is using the wrong drive.  How should I go about correcting this error?  I have tried the Reintegrate Forgotten Catelog but this operation does not correct the fault.

I suggest creating a new catalog and scan your images into it.  Then delete the previous catalog.

-Kirk