Author Topic: Secondary windows don't open (or are not visible)  (Read 606 times)

Offline Indy

• View Profile
Secondary windows don't open (or are not visible)
« on: January 16, 2023, 02:18:37 PM »
I'm on a Windows 10 laptop using two external displays via a docking station, specifics are shown in the quote below.

Opening secondary windows such as the metadata, metadata template or show map works fine on my main display (screen 2).  If I move the PM+ main window to my other display (screen 1) and try to open one of those - nothing appears.  PM+ acts like they are there - the main windows is inactive until I hit escape (which would close the window if it was there).

If I make screen 1 the main windows display, the PM+ windows open OK on both screens.

Any ideas?

Window 10 laptop with CalDigit TS3 Plus docking station

PM+ 6.0 (build 6645)

Two external displays (Extended displays in Windows)

Screen 1 - left side
3840 x 2160 (150%)

Screen 2 - right side (main windows display)
1920 x 1080 (100%)

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Secondary windows don't open (or are not visible)
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2023, 02:25:48 PM »
I'm on a Windows 10 laptop using two external displays via a docking station, specifics are shown in the quote below.

Opening secondary windows such as the metadata, metadata template or show map works fine on my main display (screen 2).  If I move the PM+ main window to my other display (screen 1) and try to open one of those - nothing appears.  PM+ acts like they are there - the main windows is inactive until I hit escape (which would close the window if it was there).

If I make screen 1 the main windows display, the PM+ windows open OK on both screens.

Can you post a screenshot of the visual layout of the displays in the control panel?  Use the 'Attachments and other options' link when you're composing your reply to this message and there you'll be able to upload your JPEG format screenshot.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline Indy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2023, 02:42:06 PM »
Can you post a screenshot of the visual layout of the displays in the control panel?

Layout is attached.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2023, 02:51:16 PM »
Can you post a screenshot of the visual layout of the displays in the control panel?

Layout is attached.

I suspect something doesn't like the negative coordinates required for that positioning.  We'll have to investigate and see if the problem can be fixed.

-Kirk

Offline Indy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2023, 02:59:03 PM »
I suspect something doesn't like the negative coordinates required for that positioning.  We'll have to investigate and see if the problem can be fixed.

OK, thanks.  Let me know if you need anything else.