Author Topic: Contact Sheet Startup Condition  (Read 891 times)

Offline KSNelson1

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Contact Sheet Startup Condition
« on: January 23, 2023, 09:41:29 AM »
I am running PM Plus V 6.0 6738 (5753775) on Windows 11.

Whenever I open a contact sheet for the first time in that session, no images appear despite "All" being selected.  As soon as I select "All" in the selection window for "All, Selected, Tagged, Untagged," the images appear.

It seems like they should appear as soon as I open that contact sheet, especially if "All" is the selection set.

Did I miss something?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Contact Sheet Startup Condition
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2023, 09:44:05 AM »
I am running PM Plus V 6.0 6738 (5753775) on Windows 11.

Whenever I open a contact sheet for the first time in that session, no images appear despite "All" being selected.  As soon as I select "All" in the selection window for "All, Selected, Tagged, Untagged," the images appear.

It seems like they should appear as soon as I open that contact sheet, especially if "All" is the selection set.

Did I miss something?

Your default 5-star Rating filter is set to not show 0-star images.  Make them visible, right-click on the filter and set it as the new default.  Thanks for posting the images, it made it easy to solve your issue.

-Kirk

Offline KSNelson1

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2023, 12:06:52 PM »
Thanks.  I had been unable to find my way to getting the Rating and Color filters to not always come up selected.  Right click on teh filter did the  trick.  Thanks again.

A somewhat related issue has revealed itself.  Let me know if I should post this as a separate thread.

When I have given a photo a rating or color in PhotoShop, this rating or color does not seem to always show when I return to PM Plus.  Is this a conflict between who governs the metadata?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2023, 12:20:23 PM »
Thanks.  I had been unable to find my way to getting the Rating and Color filters to not always come up selected.  Right click on teh filter did the  trick.  Thanks again.

A somewhat related issue has revealed itself.  Let me know if I should post this as a separate thread.

When I have given a photo a rating or color in PhotoShop, this rating or color does not seem to always show when I return to PM Plus.  Is this a conflict between who governs the metadata?

Do you have PM set to rescan on resume?  If not, you'll have to rescan your contact sheet(s) manually.

-Kirk

Offline KSNelson1

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2023, 12:26:38 PM »
Yes, it is set to "Rescan on resume."

I will try to monitor this a little more closely now that I am aware of it.  I did notice a few Posts about similar problems bewteen PM and LrC.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2023, 12:34:50 PM »
Yes, it is set to "Rescan on resume."

I will try to monitor this a little more closely now that I am aware of it.  I did notice a few Posts about similar problems bewteen PM and LrC.

What format are the images?
Are the images being updated with the changes you made?

-Kirk

Offline KSNelson1

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2023, 12:42:16 PM »
A combination of jpg and tiff.

I need to better define the problem for you.

I will work on this over the next day or so and will try to isolate better what happens and what doesn't happen.