Author Topic: Catalog Synching in PM+  (Read 439 times)

Offline Jon Paul Davidson

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Catalog Synching in PM+
« on: January 23, 2023, 10:41:25 AM »
I do not understand why, during a catalog sync with one particular catalog specified and one folder on the external drive listed where to find the images, -- I have listed (in the screenshot of the Sync Process)  "NEW IMAGES IN PROCESS/#4FOR PERMANENT FILENAMES+FILE ADD-REPLACE / Selected To ADD TO CORE(Check for Crops, etc) / [filename]"

That missing image is not in the database which I am syncing, and though the folder it lists is on the same external drive, it has NOTHING to do with the database I am syncing (It is in a folder where I keep images with which I am working, and which are not ready to be added to the database.

THOUGH I have several other things on this same (6TB) external drive, since it contains all my media, I want PM+ to work ONLY with the folder "IMAGE ARCHIVES-New".  I check the database folder I want synced.    I DO NOT WANT PM+ TO LOOK FOR IMAGES ALL OVER THE PLACE--ONLY IN THE DATABASE I AM SYNCING.  What am I doing wrong?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Catalog Synching in PM+
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2023, 11:16:22 AM »
Jon,

I do not understand why, during a catalog sync with one particular catalog specified and one folder on the external drive listed where to find the images, -- I have listed (in the screenshot of the Sync Process)  "NEW IMAGES IN PROCESS/#4FOR PERMANENT FILENAMES+FILE ADD-REPLACE / Selected To ADD TO CORE(Check for Crops, etc) / [filename]"

That missing image is not in the database which I am syncing, and though the folder it lists is on the same external drive, it has NOTHING to do with the database I am syncing (It is in a folder where I keep images with which I am working, and which are not ready to be added to the database.

THOUGH I have several other things on this same (6TB) external drive, since it contains all my media, I want PM+ to work ONLY with the folder "IMAGE ARCHIVES-New".  I check the database folder I want synced.    I DO NOT WANT PM+ TO LOOK FOR IMAGES ALL OVER THE PLACE--ONLY IN THE DATABASE I AM SYNCING.  What am I doing wrong?

I'd like to see the settings you used in the Catalog Sync for the "IMAGE ARCHIVES New" catalog.  Though it may be best if you just call support and they'll troubleshoot with you.

By phone: +1 503.547.2888

Hours: Mon-Fri, 9:00am-5:00pm [PST/PDT]