Author Topic: Copy>Paste crop features  (Read 842 times)

Offline gianmaria.zanotti

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Copy>Paste crop features
« on: January 23, 2023, 02:02:12 PM »
I am writing to you because I bought a new camera. It's a canon R6 marK II. shoots 40 shots per second. Last night I found myself with bursts of even 2 seconds during the football match. You understand that 2 seconds of photos can also be 80 shots. Sometimes I throw them in the trash many but sometimes it is useful to keep them on file. Since the game action took place far away from me I had to crop the photos... all 80... one at a time.
In short it would be useful given the new technology that changes (for the better) that there was a copy>paste function of the crop. I crop one... then I copy the clippings to all the others. We sports photographers would avoid minutes and minutes of post-production with a single command

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Copy>Paste crop features
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2023, 02:15:43 PM »
Gianmaria,

I am writing to you because I bought a new camera. It's a canon R6 marK II. shoots 40 shots per second. Last night I found myself with bursts of even 2 seconds during the football match. You understand that 2 seconds of photos can also be 80 shots. Sometimes I throw them in the trash many but sometimes it is useful to keep them on file. Since the game action took place far away from me I had to crop the photos... all 80... one at a time.
In short it would be useful given the new technology that changes (for the better) that there was a copy>paste function of the crop. I crop one... then I copy the clippings to all the others. We sports photographers would avoid minutes and minutes of post-production with a single command

There is a copy/paste capability in the Preview window, in the Crop controls.  I think what you're asking for is the ability to apply a crop in bulk to a selection of many images, is that correct?

-Kirk

Offline gianmaria.zanotti

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Copy>Paste crop features
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2023, 07:55:12 PM »
Correct