Author Topic: Auto copy all folders with images tagged red  (Read 1220 times)

Offline dell2405

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Auto copy all folders with images tagged red
« on: January 25, 2023, 08:49:26 PM »
Hi,

I need to copy images from one drive to another  with all the selects from each folder I have tagged with red tag.  Is there a way for Finder, Chronosync or any other copy program
to copy images with red tags to an external drive while maintaining the folder structure the images are in?

I am on Ventura 13.1

Thanks.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2023, 09:20:56 PM by dell2405 »

Offline Max Lemesh

• View Profile
Re: Auto copy all folders with images tagged red
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2023, 11:40:19 PM »
Wouldn't it be easier to copy everything first and then while viewing folders and subfolders in PM delete everything without tags. I think doing selective copying while preserving file structure might generate way too many errors. But let us know if you find a way to do it

Offline dell2405

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Auto copy all folders with images tagged red
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2023, 07:07:25 AM »
Hi,

I am going on a trip and also needed to copy some video files I needed to edit on my trip.  I was able to direct Chronosync to copy all video files in the VIDEO subfolder of each dated folder on my backup drive and recreate the folder and VIDEO subfolder on target drive.  I was also able to only include/exclude a lot of folders that were not relevant to the project I needed to edit.

If PM+ can do that I will buy it asap.  If there is another option please let me know.  Capture One will allow you to export a catalog based on your collections but would rather have the folder structure I am using on my backup drive.