Author Topic: Searchable fields  (Read 550 times)

Offline AnnieP

• View Profile
Searchable fields
« on: January 27, 2023, 01:27:22 AM »
I made the mistake of choosing the "IPTC Scene" field to use as a code field for my photos, not realizing that it was not a searchable field. So now I have this info in a field I can't search. I am wondering if there is a way around this? Any way this "IPTC Scene" field could be included as a searchable field? If not, is there any way this info could be "transferred" to a field that is searchable, using some variable/copy technique that I am unaware of?

Many thank for any solution.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Searchable fields
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2023, 08:09:45 AM »
Annie,

I made the mistake of choosing the "IPTC Scene" field to use as a code field for my photos, not realizing that it was not a searchable field. So now I have this info in a field I can't search. I am wondering if there is a way around this? Any way this "IPTC Scene" field could be included as a searchable field? If not, is there any way this info could be "transferred" to a field that is searchable, using some variable/copy technique that I am unaware of?

While there is no way to make the IPTC Scene searchable, you can transfer the data in that field to another field that is searchable.  Use the {scene} variable in the Metadata (IPTC) Template in the other field that you want to receive that data and then apply the template to your selected images.

See this article for more information on how to use the Metadata (IPTC) Template:

https://docs.camerabits.com/support/solutions/articles/48000207623-using-the-metadata-iptc-template

-Kirk

Offline AnnieP

• View Profile
Re: Searchable fields
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2023, 11:16:42 AM »
Many thanks. I think that will do it. Just wish I had realized my problem sooner!