Author Topic: Massive crash, catalog features won't start  (Read 568 times)

Offline henry albert

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Massive crash, catalog features won't start
« on: February 22, 2023, 01:10:16 PM »
Build 6738. First I noticed the totals for some of the collections did not agree with how many images were actually there. Nothing I did could update the totals. Eventually the affected collections stopped accepting any new images. Then I started getting "maintenance needed" when I tried to add images. Ran the utility, the message disappeared, then came back if I tried to add images. The last time I tried to use a catalog function, the big crash hit. Everything stopped, including windows. All of Windows. Finally got a reboot and ran the repair utility. Took 15 minutes. Started PM. got error message "catalog features taking a long time to load." They never loaded. I have no catalogs.

So now what?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Massive crash, catalog features won't start
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2023, 01:15:27 PM »
Build 6738. First I noticed the totals for some of the collections did not agree with how many images were actually there. Nothing I did could update the totals. Eventually the affected collections stopped accepting any new images. Then I started getting "maintenance needed" when I tried to add images. Ran the utility, the message disappeared, then came back if I tried to add images. The last time I tried to use a catalog function, the big crash hit. Everything stopped, including windows. All of Windows. Finally got a reboot and ran the repair utility. Took 15 minutes. Started PM. got error message "catalog features taking a long time to load." They never loaded. I have no catalogs.

So now what?

For a problem like this, I suggest contacting our support folks at:

By email: support@camerabits.com

By phone: +1 503.547.2888

Hours: Mon-Fri, 9:00am-5:00pm [PST/PDT]