Author Topic: "Show in Windows Explorer" -> opens root Windows directory  (Read 543 times)

Offline Sonadiatoms

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
"Show in Windows Explorer" -> opens root Windows directory
« on: February 06, 2023, 08:39:21 PM »
Sometimes, when I add a folder to a directory within a catalog, and "sync" it, I am unable to open the file in its proper location in Windows Explorer.  Instead, it just opens up my root directory (with my C, D, and removable drives).  I can't figure out why this is happening, because some of the photos work properly and others do not, even though they were made in the same way and moved into the folder at the same time.  Any idea what is causing this?
« Last Edit: February 06, 2023, 09:07:11 PM by Sonadiatoms »

Offline ahoward

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
Re: "Show in Windows Explorer" -> opens root Windows directory
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2023, 09:55:23 AM »
Is this problem repeatable (as in, if you have the problem, and then close the Explorer window and then try to reveal in Explorer again, does it bring you back to the root)?

For a file that this problem happens on, what does Photo Mechanic say the path to the file in the bottom left corner of the window is when you select the image in the contact sheet?

How are you bringing up the contact sheet that these files are on (Browse tab, Catalog Quick Search, filtering, etc)?

I'd like to see your Photo Mechanic log file. In Photo Mechanic go to the Help menu and choose "Reveal Support Data..." and moments later a Finder window will come forward with the zipped log file selected.  Use the 'Attachments and other options' link when you're composing your reply to this message and there you'll be able to upload your PM_log.zip file.