Author Topic: PM+ continually looses my catalo file  (Read 585 times)

Offline Jon Paul Davidson

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
PM+ continually looses my catalo file
« on: March 08, 2023, 03:21:24 PM »
Several times, while working in PM+, I have wanted to look up something in my catalog and found that it could not find the catalog (although the catalog is on the file along with the other image and files on an external disk (same disk for everything!)  It is clearly there, and may even have been updated recently, but not in the current session. Yes, I tried "locate existing catalog" in the "catalog management" menu in PM+!

Finally, I discovered that closing PM+ and then selecting the catalog on that external disk on my desktop, then dragging it to PM+ to open PM+, opened the catalog and it worked perfectly!

Something in the application is not talking to something else in the application and that needs to be fixed, I believe.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: PM+ continually looses my catalo file
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2023, 03:35:21 PM »
Jon Paul,

Several times, while working in PM+, I have wanted to look up something in my catalog and found that it could not find the catalog (although the catalog is on the file along with the other image and files on an external disk (same disk for everything!)  It is clearly there, and may even have been updated recently, but not in the current session. Yes, I tried "locate existing catalog" in the "catalog management" menu in PM+!

Finally, I discovered that closing PM+ and then selecting the catalog on that external disk on my desktop, then dragging it to PM+ to open PM+, opened the catalog and it worked perfectly!

Something in the application is not talking to something else in the application and that needs to be fixed, I believe.

PM Plus does nothing with a drag and dropped catalog database.

For a problem like this, I suggest contacting our support folks at:

By email: support@camerabits.com

By phone: +1 503.547.2888

Hours: Mon-Fri, 9:00am-5:00pm [PST/PDT]