Author Topic: Ingesting to folders by dates  (Read 1176 times)

Offline mrfearless47

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Ingesting to folders by dates
« on: March 27, 2023, 02:24:30 PM »
I have a weird problem with ingesting in PM6 (latest version).  I store my photos for Lightroom Classic (12.2.1) by yyyy-mm-dd format.  Each folder is yyyy.  When trying to set up PM6, I've tried a variety of different variables (e.g. {iyr4}/{iyr4}-{imn0}-{idy0}.  The photos ingest correctly into the Lightroom Photo File Structure, but within PM, each photos displays as (again, e.g.  ~/2023/2023-mon0-23).  I've tried other variables in place of the month variable (mn2, imn2, etc).  I can't figure out whether this is a bug in PM, or something wrong in my interpretation.  On one hand, things work as expected; on the other, it puzzles me why PM can't display what is really happening.

Offline ahoward

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
Re: Ingesting to folders by dates
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2023, 04:51:07 PM »
On one hand, things work as expected; on the other, it puzzles me why PM can't display what is really happening.

Can you provide some screenshots to illustrate the issue? It doesn't sound like thing are working as expected. {imn0} should return one of 12 possible values: 01 through 12, with a leading 0 for the number of the first 9 months of the year. It should not be possible for the {imn0} variable to return "mon0" unless you maybe have a code replacement set up to somehow convert the returned value from the variable into that string.

Additionally, we have a single built-in variable that returns the date in the format you are looking for: {datesortdash} or {dtsd}

I might recommend using that over using three individual variables.

Offline mrfearless47

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2023, 12:32:53 PM »
Bueller?  Bueller?

Offline mrfearless47

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2023, 12:43:55 PM »
Here is an example.  Note the ingest template, first.  Then note the image thumbnails in the second.  Each thumbnail has the odd {mon2} in the middle of the name.  As I said earlier, my Mac Studio Ultra records the images to the Lightroom Photos folder exactly as I want it.  Your alternate solution sounds fine; I haven't tried it.

thanks.

Offline mrfearless47

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2023, 12:51:09 PM »
Here's the second photo.  Don't know what happened the first time

Offline ahoward

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2023, 12:58:10 PM »
The line under the file name is controlled by the "Label 1" field in your Contact Sheet Preferences. Please open Preferences, go to Contact Sheet, and change whatever is in the "Label 1" field to {datesortdash} and it should display the date in the format that you are wanting to see.

Offline mrfearless47

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2023, 03:57:10 PM »
Thanks.  That works.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2023, 02:06:51 PM »
Bueller?  Bueller?

What was the point of this post?  Andrew responded to your original query within hours on the same day and asked for some clarifying information which you took days to respond to with the above reply.

-Kirk

Offline mrfearless47

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2023, 02:46:43 PM »
I got no notification of the answer until I went searching for it.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2023, 02:53:27 PM »
This message board system does not notify anyone when replies are made to their posts.  It doesn't offer that feature.

You can turn on notifications for entire boards, but it will notify you every time someone posts something on that board.

-Kirk

Offline mrfearless47

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2023, 03:00:34 PM »
I have that notification turned on, which is how I’m seeing your posts so quickly.  I would have responded instantly if I had gotten notification of Andrew’s post.