Author Topic: PM is running slower and slower...  (Read 792 times)

Offline cornel.p

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
PM is running slower and slower...
« on: March 30, 2023, 11:45:45 AM »
It takes very long to open Metadata (IPTC) Template, in my case aproximately 6 seconds.
Around 6 seconds to open Metadata (IPTC) Info
It takes around 1-2 seconds to go to the next photo in Metadata (IPTC) Info window

I am not using a high end computer, however I still believe it should run at a decent pace on my configuration:
PM 6 Plus 6784, Win10
2x Xeon X5650, 6 Core/CPU, 24GB RAM, GTX 970 4GB and few SSD

Many years ago, when I started using PM, I was truly impressed with how fast it ran, but now everything seems to have changed.
I feel constrained to upgrade my computer in order to have PM running at a decent pace, just like Adobe products, which is disappointing.

Offline ahoward

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
Re: PM is running slower and slower...
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2023, 05:00:27 PM »
I feel constrained to upgrade my computer in order to have PM running at a decent pace, just like Adobe products, which is disappointing.
I can't think of a time where we have suggested that someone should upgrade their computer unless their system flat out did did not meet our stated system requirements. When did this issue begin for you?

Just to clarify, does other software than Photo Mechanic have significant delays as well? The things that you mention an issue with aren't particularly resource intensive; what about something like opening a Contact Sheet or advancing through images in the Preview window?

I'd like to see your Photo Mechanic log.  In Photo Mechanic go to the Help menu and choose "Reveal Support Data..." and moments later a Finder window will come forward with the zipped log file selected.  Use the 'Attachments and other options' link when you're composing your reply to this message and there you'll be able to upload your zipped PM log file.

Offline cornel.p

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2023, 12:43:54 PM »
I have attached the log file.
I noticed that it gets slow when I write IPTC for many photos

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2023, 01:26:23 PM »
Cornel,

I have attached the log file.
I noticed that it gets slow when I write IPTC for many photos

Is there a particular time/day where you experienced specific speed issues?  The main PM.log file has over 86 thousand lines in it and it would be good to narrow down when and on what day I should analyze.

Thanks,

-Kirk