Author Topic: Error when trying to ingest DNG files from DJI drone Micro SD  (Read 939 times)

Offline adrianlambert

• View Profile
When trying to ingest DNG files captured on a DJI Mini 2 and when trying to apply metadata the process fails with the following error "While copying/moving an error occurred:". When ingesting the images whilst not applying metadata the ingest completes with no errors. I've tried selecting the DNGs and ignoring the MP4 files to ingest but no change.

Photo Mechanic Plus Version 6.0, build 6784 (409cf99)
macOS 13.3.1 (22E261) Mac mini M1
Sandisk Extreme 256Gb Micro SD card
Sandisk SD card adapter
Sandisk Extreme Pro USB-C SD Card reader

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Error when trying to ingest DNG files from DJI drone Micro SD
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2023, 09:32:21 AM »
When trying to ingest DNG files captured on a DJI Mini 2 and when trying to apply metadata the process fails with the following error "While copying/moving an error occurred:". When ingesting the images whilst not applying metadata the ingest completes with no errors. I've tried selecting the DNGs and ignoring the MP4 files to ingest but no change.

Photo Mechanic Plus Version 6.0, build 6784 (409cf99)
macOS 13.3.1 (22E261) Mac mini M1
Sandisk Extreme 256Gb Micro SD card
Sandisk SD card adapter
Sandisk Extreme Pro USB-C SD Card reader

Can you please share one of these DNG files with us?  Use the 'Attachments and other options' link when you're composing your reply to this message and there you'll be able to upload your DNG file.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline adrianlambert

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2023, 09:46:45 AM »
DNG Attached

Offline ahoward

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2023, 11:52:14 AM »
We were able to copy your file to a memory card, and perform an Ingest on that card while applying metadata without encountering an error. I might recommend zipping the file first and then uploading as an attachment to make sure that the file is not somehow being modified when uploaded to our forum.

That said, since the error seems to be conditional on whether or not you are applying a Metadata Template, have you tried applying the template before the Ingest? Have you tried Ingesting and then applying the template? Do either of those thing work or give you an error message?

Offline adrianlambert

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2023, 12:41:44 PM »
OK, oddly doing this works fine on my laptop - ingesting with metadata applied. It's just the desktop that it fails on.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2023, 12:55:42 PM »
OK, oddly doing this works fine on my laptop - ingesting with metadata applied. It's just the desktop that it fails on.

Are you able to apply a Metadata (IPTC) Template to your post-Ingested DNG files on your desktop system?

-Kirk

Offline adrianlambert

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2023, 01:03:31 PM »
My god!! After repeated fails I tried it again and it worked fine. No PM updates. No OS updates. Just a few hours in between. Makes zero sense at all. Hopefully that’s the end of it but I’ll be back if I see it again.

Offline ahoward

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2023, 02:36:24 PM »
I'd guess it had more to do with the connection between the computer and the card reader than much to do with Photo Mechanic, but happy to look further into it if you experience further issues.

Offline adrianlambert

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2023, 03:10:46 PM »
Thanks @ahoward