Author Topic: Unintentional IPTC stationery overwrite  (Read 506 times)

Offline vAfotoriporter

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
    • Attila Volgyi photojournalist
Unintentional IPTC stationery overwrite
« on: June 06, 2023, 02:51:56 AM »
I'm using PM Version 6.0, build 6784 (409cf99) on MacBook Air (M1, 2020) with MacOS BigSur version 11.4 (20F71) and CR3 files from a Canon R5.

IPTC Subject Code and Intellectual Genre fields seem to get overwritten by IPTC stationery even when the checkmarks are removed on the IPTC stationery before applying.
If the field is empty on the IPTC stationery then the value in the photo's IPTC gets removed instead of left as it was before.
Working on Mac, OSX, iOS and with some Canons.
Allways shooting RAW.

http://www.volgyiattila.com

Offline ahoward

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
Re: Unintentional IPTC stationery overwrite
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2023, 09:03:26 AM »
We cannot reproduce this issue. Can you provide your exact steps for reproducing this problem starting with an image with no metadata? If you can provide screenshots to illustrate or make a screen recording where you reproduce the problem, that may be helpful.

Offline vAfotoriporter

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
    • Attila Volgyi photojournalist
Re: Unintentional IPTC stationery overwrite
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2023, 01:42:13 PM »
We cannot reproduce this issue. Can you provide your exact steps for reproducing this problem starting with an image with no metadata? If you can provide screenshots to illustrate or make a screen recording where you reproduce the problem, that may be helpful.

I ingest photos using PM. During the ingest all photos get a basic metadata (including the original file name stored in intellectual genre field and "my filename" stored in multiple fields like Special instructions, Job ID, Edit Status and IPTC Subject code.

Some times I ingest multiple events' photos from the same card, so I have to overwrite the captions and other info, but I want to keep the original filename and my filename infos as they belong to the image file not to the event.

In these cases whenever I try to overwrite the other IPTC data in the files but keep the above mentioned fields untouched, I keep experiencing the very same.

I have some screenshots, and an example file. I send them to you in a personal message.
Working on Mac, OSX, iOS and with some Canons.
Allways shooting RAW.

http://www.volgyiattila.com