Author Topic: I want to see Metadata details and not thumbnails in my contact sheet. Possible?  (Read 1136 times)

Offline mastix

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Hi:
When I open a folder with images (contact sheet) I sometimes don't want to see the thumbnails but the details (metadata) of all the images at once, so I can for example sort out very quickly by the time taken when I moved to the next location if the scenic is similar. I know I can see the metadata if I open the images one by one but is there a way to see the images as details like in Windows or Lightroom? If not I will have to sort first the groups of images with Windows and LR and then come back to PM but I would rather do it in PMechanic as it is faster.

I am sorry if this option exist but I have not been able to figure it out. I only want to see the file type, when it was taken in a long list and I quickly see where the time gap is and then I can quickly classify my images and videos.

Thank you in advance if you know how to do this and share it here. It would be very helpful as right now I am loosing time with this limitation.

Kind regards

Cristian

Offline Mick O (Camera Bits)

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits
Hi Cristian,

A list view like you describe is not available, but you can adjust what shows up under your thumbnails to have capture time show up in your Contact Sheet so that you can view that information for each image without clicking to view it. This option is in the Preferences> Contact Sheet section. You can choose to display much, more metadata in the contact sheet this way if you choose.  I realize this is not the exact view you mentioned, but I hope it helps as a bit of a workaround for now.

Mick

Example showing one way to view Capture Time in the Contact Sheet attached
Mick O
Camera Bits

Offline mastix

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Thank you very much for your explanation and help.
I can see the methodology now. The sample you gave me does not work correctly with my DJI mavic 2 drone files. Videos and photos have different timings (consecutive files) I do panoramics. So I guess the hour,minute second variable does not work correctly with the camera settings with the mavic 2. I will try to find the correct variable (EXIF data corresponding to time taken if this exists in the variable).
It is a workaround to the much easier way in Lightroom or Windows, but when I find the correct variable I will be able to separate quickly at one glance the different groups of files based on the time taken or other parameters.
I really hope there is an easy way in the future like with the stars and colors to sort by date with the date easy to pick up and leave the huge variable list for a way to access more speciallyzed data but date taken,modified,size,MP etc very quickly available. And on top of data a list view would be amazing.

Thanks

Cristian

Offline mastix

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
The wrong date between video and still images from the mavic do not match nor in windows nor in PM so it is a problem of the mavic 2 recording different time data for video and still images . Even with consecutive naming they are 2 hours apart (same location) Really puzzling why it records video with one timing and images with another one. But at least now I know that PM is showing the timing right and the way to quickly see the way to see on the thumbnail data important for me information.

Thanks

Cristian