Author Topic: FTP command (CMD-U) causes hang  (Read 846 times)

Offline jarle

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
FTP command (CMD-U) causes hang
« on: June 07, 2023, 11:31:53 PM »
Sometimes, CMD+U results in a spinning beach ball and forces me to terminate the program. No upload dialog or any other response except for the spinning ball. Apparently a random problem, but too frequent to be written off as "nothing".

Photo Mechanic Version 6.0, build 6784 (409cf99)
MacBookPro16,1
macOS 12.5.1 (21G83)

Jarle

Offline ahoward

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
Re: FTP command (CMD-U) causes hang
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2023, 10:58:01 AM »
Next time it happens, please make a note of the time and then send your log file to support@camerabits.com

You can access the PM_log.zip file by going to Photo Mechanic's top Help menu and selecting "Reveal Support Data”.

Select "Yes" in the next dialog to create the zip file and then a Finder window will open with the "PM_log.zip" file selected. Drag that to your desktop (it's easier to find later that way) and then send us the file as an attachment to your email.

Offline jarle

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2023, 12:28:28 AM »
Log file sent.

Jarle

Offline ahoward

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2023, 03:37:34 PM »
There are two files that we want to have you try removing so that Photo Mechanic can re-create them and hopefully resolve this issue.

Quit Photo Mechanic and navigate to

~/Library/Preferences/com.camerabits.PhotoMechanic/fileupload/templates/builtin

In that folder, look for files called "FTP.yml" and "FTP-conn.yml" and move them out of the folder (but hang on to them in case this doesn't resolve the issue).

Open Photo Mechanic and see if you can reproduce the problem. You will need to re-add your FTP connection information information, as these files are where that information is kept. If you no longer have the problem then it's possible that one of those files got corrupted somehow.

Offline jarle

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2023, 04:32:38 AM »
Thanks, but I can't find these files. In /Library/Preferences/ the only camerabits entries are com.camerabits.PhotoMechanic6.activation and com.camerabits.PhotoMechanic6.demo_activation.

What am I missing?

Jarle

Offline RogerB

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2023, 05:42:06 AM »
Thanks, but I can't find these files. In /Library/Preferences/ the only camerabits entries are com.camerabits.PhotoMechanic6.activation and com.camerabits.PhotoMechanic6.demo_activation.

What am I missing?

Jarle

You're in the wrong Library folder. It's confusing, but there are two Library folders in MacOS, you want the one which is inside your User folder (that's what's meant by the ~ at the start of the path).

Offline jarle

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2023, 06:11:16 AM »
Thanks! I looked, but the folder was hidden. I've now removed the two files and will see if that does the trick.

Jarle