Author Topic: Auto ingestion with sony XQD not working  (Read 667 times)

Offline pope

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Auto ingestion with sony XQD not working
« on: June 20, 2023, 02:47:06 PM »
Hi, I am running to different cards/readers at the same time, at the moment. Sony XQD and Sandisk CF.

When I place a CF card into the reader, it auto ingests like it should, no problem.
When I place a XQD into its card reader. It does not auto ingest. I have to go File/ingest (the card is shown), and hit  the ingestion button to get the images on to the laptop.
I have tried different card readers, format card in camera and laptop, different usb ports. Still  the same outcome.

Thanks,

Photomechanic 6, build 6784
Windows 10

Offline ahoward

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
Re: Auto ingestion with sony XQD not working
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2023, 04:48:54 PM »
We wanted you to have Photo Mechanic enable some additional logging that might tell us more about this issue. Please download the attached ZIP file and open it. It will contain a file called 'PMdebug.txt'. We'll want you to place this file in the Photo Mechanic preferences folder.

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Camera Bits, Inc\Photo Mechanic\

To easily get to this folder:

1. Quit Photo Mechanic and open a Windows Explorer window
2. Navigate to your C drive and then proceed to navigate through the folders at the following path:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Camera Bits, Inc\Photo Mechanic\

"AppData" is a hidden folder so you may need to show hidden files in order to see it
3. Place the 'PMDebug' file in the "Photo Mechanic folder folder.

Now, start up Photo Mechanic again and try to recreate the issue. Once you have done so, please send us a copy of Photo Mechanic's log file. You can access the PM_log.zip file by going to Photo Mechanic's top Help menu and selecting "Reveal Support Data”.

This file may contain file paths and filenames of files that you have accessed in Photo Mechanic, so if you prefer to not share the log file publicly, feel free to email it to support@camerabits.com and we can continue to troubleshoot the issue that way. Otherwise, you can attach it as a reply to this post.

Offline pope

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2023, 05:48:05 PM »
Thank you.

Here is the log file.

Offline ahoward

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2023, 10:31:56 AM »
My apologies, I posted the wrong PM Debug file and the correct logging was not enabled. Replace the PMdebug.txt file in that folder with the one in the attached ZIP.

Offline pope

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2023, 12:51:47 PM »
Hopefully this is it.

Offline ahoward

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2023, 01:48:54 PM »
Unfortunately we're not seeing of the logging that we were hoping to see. It might be best if we set up a time for us to call or screen share with you so we can ensure that the debug file is being set up correctly. It is also possible that the OS is simply not notifying the system that Photo Mechanic relies on to discover new memory cards being mounted. We test our own XQD cards with Windows and didn't have this problem, but it could vary from reader to reader.  If you'd like us to look into this with you, send an email to support@camerabits.com and we'll figure out a time to do this.

Offline MNeipris

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2023, 03:16:00 PM »
For anyone following this, the issue was resolved by changing Windows 10's Autoplay settings.

Removable drive was initially set to "Choose a default". That was changed to "Ask me every time".

Memory card was initially set to "Choose a default". That was changed to "Open or Ingest (Photo Mechanic).

After doing so, Auto Ingest of XQD cards functioned as expected.