Author Topic: Ingest to MacMini  (Read 1381 times)

Offline Dewcal

• View Profile
Ingest to MacMini
« on: July 09, 2023, 04:16:22 AM »
I am trying to set up PMP on an elderly MacMini and am wondering what is the best syntax to use to achieve the image being placed into folders as follows -
2023 / 01 / 01 (Year / Month / Date) for 1st January 2023 as example. This way the year would have 12 subfolders and each sub folder (month) have the required number of days.

The "copy photos" box on the ingest form would be "into folder with name".

Would the following variables work as written here {year4}{month0}{date0}  ?  Or do I need / or \ in between the variables? This data to be in the "Folder name" box

Should the "use folder sequence" be ticked?

Thanks for any help.

Offline Hayo Baan

• Uber Member
  • Professional Photographer & Software Developer
    • View Profile
    • Hayo Baan - Photography
Re: Ingest to MacMini
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2023, 11:02:50 AM »
You'll need to use a / in between the folder parts i.e. {year4}/{month0}/{date0}. You shouldn't use the folder sequence option as that would number the folders (which is wholly unnecessary/unwanted in this case).
Hayo Baan - Photography
Web: www.hayobaan.nl

Offline Dewcal

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2023, 11:40:20 AM »
Many thanks for your prompt and detailed reply - will give this a try.

Offline Dewcal

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2023, 11:51:23 AM »
Have tried the variables as suggested.  I ended up with {year4}\{month0}\{day0} on a Windows machine (before I try the Mac).  Interestingly, even though I definitely typed a / this was translated to a \ in the ingest box.

I needed {day0} to get the days of the month as a number.

There is a catalogue that I would like to change the to the above sequence - I assume that this is possible within PMP?

Thanks again for help.

Offline ahoward

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2023, 01:03:19 PM »
Interestingly, even though I definitely typed a / this was translated to a \ in the ingest box.

This is by design to abide by the path separator conventions that each operating system uses.

Offline Dewcal

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2023, 01:25:06 AM »
Interestingly, even though I definitely typed a / this was translated to a \ in the ingest box.

This is by design to abide by the path separator conventions that each operating system uses.

Many thanks for explanation - makes sense when you know what is happening!