Author Topic: very slow ingest and other slow issues  (Read 361 times)

Offline aleghedina

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
very slow ingest and other slow issues
« on: July 10, 2023, 03:53:10 PM »
Hi I'm a long-time PM user and I never experience such slow issues as lately, I have a pretty new computer but I think I never experienced ingest times of more than one hour like now

Compared to a simple copy and paste of the SD card photos there is a difference of 4 times faster compared with the ingest process,
also, drag and drop a folder to copy it on a different HD take up to 10 times slower than a simple drag and drop using Finder

is there something I can do about it?

Thank you, Alessandro

Offline Bob Russell

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: very slow ingest and other slow issues
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2023, 04:35:27 PM »
Hi Alessandro,

There can be several things causing Photo Mechanic to run slow on your Mac. I suggest contacting our support department ( support@camerabits.com ) so they can help you trouble shoot the performance issue. If you can include you camera mode(s) you are having problems with and the PM.log.zip file, then that will help them determine the source of this problem.  The PM.log.zip file can be accessed by going to Photo Mechanic's Help menu and clicking the Reveal Support Data option. Click the Yes button to continue and then a Finder window will open with the log file selected. Just attach it to the email to support. You should see an update within a business day.

Best regards,

--Bob