Author Topic: Duplicates appearing in catalog after sync  (Read 482 times)

Offline old_california

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Duplicates appearing in catalog after sync
« on: July 14, 2023, 09:13:06 AM »
I've browsed other threads about this topic but haven't stumbled onto a solution yet. I have a catalog of all our company product photography. After a recent sync duplicate files appear in the contact sheet for every file in the catalog. Both of the duplicate instances in the contact sheet reference the same file path, and if I try to launch the files into Photoshop they both work. I'm not sure where to go from here.

Windows 11, PM+ build 6784

Screenshot attached.

Offline ahoward

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
Re: Duplicates appearing in catalog after sync
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2023, 09:55:04 AM »
Can you show us the path to the two matching files by selecting them individually and then taking a screenshot of the whole Photo Mechanic window so we can see the bottom bar where the path is?

Offline old_california

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2023, 11:07:42 AM »
Attached.

Offline ahoward

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2023, 12:36:23 PM »
If you go to the Browse tab and go down to "_Processed_Media_Files", does that also bring up the duplicates?

Offline old_california

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2023, 12:54:15 PM »
It does.

Offline ahoward

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2023, 01:32:38 PM »
Go to the Catalog menu and choose "Catalog Management". In the Local Catalogs area of the window that appears, click the expansion triangle, and then click the expansion triangle for "Maintenance". In there, first try "Reintegrate forgotten catalog". If that does not resolve the issue, do the "Re-index Catalog" option and see if that takes care of it. Let us know your results.

Offline old_california

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2023, 05:54:43 AM »
Tried both. Unfortunately I still have the same issue.

Offline ahoward

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2023, 12:47:59 PM »
We're not sure why this is happening. Its possible that collecting some files from you will allow us to investigate further:

The catalog database itself could be useful, the location of which you can find in the Manage Catalogs window
The catalog state file might also be useful, that would he located here:
C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Local\Camera Bits, Inc\Photo Mechanic\catalog\state\cat_state.sq3"

Quit Photo Mechanic and then zip up these files to send to us. There will likely be a "proxies" folder in the catalog location, you don't need to send us this. Send them to support@camerabits.com

Alternatively, when there's a unique problem like this one, sometimes doing a screen share helps reveal things that I didn't otherwise think to ask about, so we can go that route if you'd like (I can get the requested files at that time as well if we do that).

Best regards,