Author Topic: Rename and/or Variable to get PM to combine recovered DNGs and JPGs  (Read 353 times)

Offline Morten Vassing

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Hello,

I have recovered some once deleted Ricoh GRIII files both DNGs and JPGs using Disk Drill 5.2 (from Setapp subscription) and worked like a charm recovering deleted files.

Now, no matter how I try to rename them, I can't seem to get PM to combine them as a single showing in Contact Sheet as all regularly ingested files do.

What renaming scheme and/or Variable should I use to force PM to show the recovered DNGs and JPGs as one in Contact Sheet like normal?

Thank you very much and greetings from Copenhagen 🇩🇰

Offline ahoward

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
Re: Rename and/or Variable to get PM to combine recovered DNGs and JPGs
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2023, 11:01:25 AM »
What renaming scheme and/or Variable should I use to force PM to show the recovered DNGs and JPGs as one in Contact Sheet like normal?
The DNG and JPEG files simply need to have matching base filenames, for example: ABC_123.JPG and ABC_123.DNG will pair up. If the files do not currently have matching base filenames, then rename the DNG files and JPEG files separately and use the Sequence variable to number them, setting the Sequence variable to the same starting value for both rename tasks will get the files to match up. You can read more about the sequence variable here: https://camerabits.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/48001205803-the-sequence-variable

Offline Morten Vassing

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Rename and/or Variable to get PM to combine recovered DNGs and JPGs
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2023, 12:14:34 PM »
Okay, great ahoward,

I did the rename IMG{seqn} suggestion on one image but two versions (RAW and non-RAW) and they were renamed IMG01 and IMG02 so I renamed them just IMG and the two files were separate but then I toggled the View->Combined Images (⌘J) on and off and the test images did indeed merge as desired.

Thank you for your help /Morten
« Last Edit: July 25, 2023, 12:42:47 PM by Morten Vassing »