Author Topic: No map shown anymore  (Read 1750 times)

Offline JS

• View Profile
No map shown anymore
« on: August 20, 2023, 01:16:22 PM »
Hi,

since a few days no more map is shown under the command "Show map" or "Set Gps coordinates". I reinstalled the newest version " build 6784 (409cf99)" again, it didn't help. I'm under Macos Mojave. Up to now it was working flawlessly. What could be the reason?

-John

Offline Sven

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
Re: No map shown anymore
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2023, 02:59:39 AM »
works well here.
probably a downtime on external resources?
After 5 years of absence I restarted the photography.

Offline JS

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2023, 07:21:54 AM »
Hi,

thanks for reply. Now it looks like it is a problem of my Computer. Google maps and Hoodah Geo work well. ON my Macbook with "Monterey" PM also shows the map like it should.. Maybe a problem with "Mojave", since so many new starts didn't help.

-John

Offline ahoward

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2023, 11:09:38 AM »
Hi,

thanks for reply. Now it looks like it is a problem of my Computer. Google maps and Hoodah Geo work well. ON my Macbook with "Monterey" PM also shows the map like it should.. Maybe a problem with "Mojave", since so many new starts didn't help.

-John

Seems like something going on with Mojave. We were also able to reproduce it on our test machine running Mojave.

Offline JS

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2023, 02:29:30 AM »
Yes, seems like. I installed Monterrey and everything works fine now again.

-John

Offline JS

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2023, 02:38:32 PM »
Unfortunately I have to come back here. I don't like to be on Monterey. Many programms don't function anymore. I would like to go back to Mojave. Is there a chance, that this "No map shown" issue ccould be solved?

Offline ahoward

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2023, 02:47:32 PM »
Unfortunately I have to come back here. I don't like to be on Monterey. Many programms don't function anymore. I would like to go back to Mojave. Is there a chance, that this "No map shown" issue ccould be solved?

Unfortunately, no.  As of August 20, 2023, the WebKit version provided by MacOS 10.14 Mojave is no longer capable of displaying the Google Maps views required for this feature. Google would have to revert the change that they made that makes it unable to run on the version of webkit that Mojave provides. Just to note, Catalina is the requirement for this feature to work, not Monterey. I imagine that would break fewer of your apps (unless they are 32-bit applications, since Mojave is the end of the road for them).
« Last Edit: September 22, 2023, 03:20:34 PM by ahoward »

Offline JS

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2023, 01:13:55 AM »
Thanks for information. Then i will have to stay.

-John