Author Topic: Find & replace  (Read 488 times)

Offline DavidHoffmanuk

• View Profile
Find & replace
« on: September 11, 2023, 05:03:56 AM »
Is there a way to use 'find & replace' for multiple keywords in a single operation. I can only do this one keyword at a time. The metadata template isn't suitable as the other keywords differ between files.

Thanks
David Hoffman

Offline ahoward

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
Re: Find & replace
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2023, 10:15:51 AM »
You can enable "treat repeating fields as a single string" so that it treats the entire keywords field as a single string rather than a list of comma-separated items, but In the event where you want to replace something like "Apple" and "Zebra" and you have one image with keywords "Apple, Zebra" and a second image with "Apple, Tree, Zebra", putting "Apple, Zebra" in the Fined field is still not going to replace anything in that second image, because there is no "Apple, Zebra" string in it.

Offline DavidHoffmanuk

• View Profile
Re: Find & replace
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2023, 12:46:24 AM »
You can enable "treat repeating fields as a single string" so that it treats the entire keywords field as a single string rather than a list of comma-separated items, but In the event where you want to replace something like "Apple" and "Zebra" and you have one image with keywords "Apple, Zebra" and a second image with "Apple, Tree, Zebra", putting "Apple, Zebra" in the Fined field is still not going to replace anything in that second image, because there is no "Apple, Zebra" string in it.

Thanks, I was afraid that this might be the case. I think I'll have to fire up my old Media Pro. That shows the keywords as a list so I can bulk add/remove keywords in that & then sync PM+ to ingest the changed keywords.

David